EducationUniversity of Texas at Austin -
B.S. Math (with honors) 1981
B.S. Physics 1982
ExperienceDear Student or Parent:
Maybe you feel intimidated or left-behind in math or physics. May I help you? With me, you will move at a pace that is best for your learning, and you will not feel hesitant to ask questions.
I bring to you ...
* 12+ yrs of experience as a professional tutor of math and physics, and
* much patience, strong communication skills, and an aptitude for presenting difficult concepts clearly.
My wife and I home-schooled our 5 children, so if home-schooling is the route you chose, I am ready to help you as well.
There are some financial incentives for you ...
* You can get FREE tutoring time by referring other students to me.
* You can get group discounts:
2 students: 25% off per student ,
3 students: 40% off per student.
To prepare for your test-drive ...
Please send a few sample problems that would show me some of the major areas of difficulty, and tell me when I can call to discuss them. There will be no charge for this short call.
A few ways to get me those sample problems
* If you already have a computer document (PDF, Word, etc) with problems to work, or you can create one with a scanner, attach that to an e-mail and send it to me.
* If you are using Mastering Physics, Pearson, Quest, WebAssign, or a similar web resource, then if I can receive the login name and password and be told which assignment to view and some example problems, I will review them.
* If all that fails, and the problems are short enough, you can just type a few into an e-mail and send it to me.
Tutoring methods ... I can tutor you in-person or online.
More about online tutoring ...
* Online tutoring costs you less.
* Online tutoring is via a free and very effective web-based shared whiteboard and toll-free telephone or Skype. The whiteboard is easy to learn and you will receive free, hands-on instruction in how to use it. This instruction usually takes 5 minutes.
I look forward to serving you!
I've been tutoring math and physics for over 12 years, and have become accustomed to hearing, "Why doesn't my teacher say it that way?" I'll be glad to say it that way for you as well -- I look forward to hearing from you!
HobbiesDear Student or Parent:
I am a Christian and I have known the Lord for 38 years. I will be honored and thankful to work for you as your tutor.
IB Mathematics HL, AP Calculus BC, Math, IB Physics SL, Algebra 3/4, IB Mathematics SL, IB Mathematical Studies SL, HSPT Math, Algebra 1, GRE Subject Test in Physics, Calculus 3, AP Physics 2: Electricity and Magnetism, Multivariable Calculus, IB Further Mathematics HL, Honors, Summer Tutoring, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 2, Calculus 2, SAT Math, PSAT Mathematics, ASVAB, Pre-Algebra, Applied Mathematics, Calculus 1, Arithmetic, ACCUPLACER Arithmetic, ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, Computational Problem Solving, Greek, Homeschool, MCAT Verbal Reasoning, Newtonian Mechanics, Other, AP Physics 2 - DUPE, AP Physics 1 - DUPE, AP Physics 2: Mechanics, AP Physics 1, AP Calculus AB, Algebra 2, ACT Math, ACCUPLACER College-Level Math, ASPIRE Math, CAHSEE Mathematics, COMPASS Mathematics, Competition Math, PCAT Verbal Ability, IB Physics HL, OAT Physics, 7th Grade math, 6th Grade math, 5th Grade math, 4th Grade math, 3rd Grade math, 2nd Grade math, 1st Grade math, 12th Grade math, 11th Grade math, 10th Grade math, 8th Grade math, 9th Grade math, PCAT Quantitative Ability, OAT Quantitative Reasoning, HSPT Quantitative, HSPT Quantitative, HSPT Quantitative, HSPT Quantitative, HSPT Quantitative, HSPT Quantitative, GMAT Quantitative, DAT Quantitative Reasoning, Geometry, Elementary Math, Trigonometry, Scientific Programming, SAT Subject Test in Physics, SAT Subject Test in Mathematics Level 1, SAT Mathematics, Quantitative Reasoning, Pre-Calculus, Physics, Middle School Math, Math, GRE Subject Test in Mathematics, GRE Quantitative Reasoning, Elementary Algebra, Electromagnetism, Differential Equations, Developmental Algebra, College Algebra, CLEP Precalculus, CLEP College Mathematics, CLEP College Algebra, CLEP Calculus, GRE Quantitative, Linear Algebra
Client Reviews (6)
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.